Shermans Travel » Blog » Archive
Tag Results: Credit Card
The Ritz-Carlton Visa card comes with some pretty tony perks:
- Gold Elite Status in the Ritz-Carlton Rewards program (with benefits like free room upgrades and free Wi-Fi)
- $100 credit towards hotel services like spa, dining, and recreational activities on Ritz stays of two nights or more
- Membership with J.P. Morgan Premier Concierge Service, an elite hotline for assistance with restaurant reservations, event tickets, and travel plans
- Free access to airport lounges worldwide via Priority Pass
- $200 annual airline incidental credit to pay for items like baggage fees and in-flight food
- No foreign transaction fees
British Airways is back with what it dubs “the most generous enrollment offer of the year” : New cardholders who sign up for its Chase Visa by May 6 earn a whopping 100,000 miles – enough for two round-trip transatlantic coach tickets, one business class flight to the Far East, or an economy jaunt to Central Africa.
Even without the lavish signing bonus, the British Airways Visa claims plenty of travel perks: Foreign transaction fees don’t apply to card purchases abroad, each dollar spent earns 1.25 miles (compared to one mile in most other programs), and points only expire if your account has had zero activity for three years. Anyone who charges $30,000 on the card within a calendar year also gets a free companion ticket, eligible for use with a reward ticket.
Still skeptical? Here’s what you need to know before swiping that plastic:
Sign up for the Top 25 Newsletter
to get exclusive weekly deals