Move over ExpressJet and Skywest — there’s a new regional carrier on the tarmac. GLO, a New Orleans-based, business-focused carrier will launch daily flights between New Orleans and Little Rock, Memphis, and Shreveport starting in November. Even better, they’re offering special one-way GLO saver fares from $189. Flights without the offer cost $200-$260 each way. You don’t, however, have to be a business traveler to appreciate GLO; leisure travelers who are considering a multi-city trip through the South should consider flying with them, too. Here’s what they can expect:
1. Non-stop service. Regional travel around the Gulf of Mexico and mid-South is often hampered by a lack of non-stop flights and long drives between cities. Now with GLO, you can select daily non-stop flights between Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY) and Little Rock’s Bill and Hillary Clinton Airport (LIT), Memphis International (MEM), and Shreveport Regional Airport (SHV).
2. More legroom. GLO seats have up to 36 inches of pitch — the space between a point on one seat and the same point on the seat behind or in front of it — while the industry standard is 31 inches.
3. No bag fees. Passengers can bring one personal item and up to three bags at no additional charge. Go ahead and pack an extra pair of shoes.
4. Complimentary local snacks and beverages. Fly with GLO and you’ll be treated to local coffee, snacks, and beer.
5. More time to spend exploring. Shorter travel times means that you can spend longer stretches in some of the coolest cities in the country. Take a weekend getaway to watch your favorite sports teams play, grab some Memphis barbecue, or sample Gulf oysters and gumbo in New Orleans. Come evening, spend the nights listening to the sounds of jazz, blues, and bluegrass.