What’s one of the best ways to nab hotel savings in Florida? Go during the summer. If you can stand the heat and humidity of the Sunshine State during the next few months, you’ll be rewarded with ultra-cool savings. Try one of these seven deals, from as low as $73 per night.
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and Spa
Located six miles from the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, this oceanfront resort boasts five different room types and six styles of suites, complete with marble bathrooms and plush bedding. When hunger strikes, duck into one of three onsite restaurants for seafood specialties paired with stunning ocean views. For Sunday through Thursday stays between August 1 and September 30, the hotel is offering a fourth night free with the Play Hooky deal. We found great prices for a deluxe room when checking in for four nights on August 23 or 24, and September 7, 13, and 14, for $219 per night — meaning the price for each night averages out to just $164. We must note, however, that you’ll be charged for the fourth night when making your reservations, but the price comes off the bill upon checkout. Use promotional code ADP by September 25.
Lauderdale Luxe Collection Hotels
The Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention and Visitor’s Bureau lets travelers choose accommodations from the 10-member Lauderdale Luxe Collection — everything from boutique hotels to properties with big-name chains — when booking with its Vacation Like a VIP program. Available through October 12 for two-night minimum stays, the package includes a $100 resort credit, room upgrade if available, $25 AmEx gift card, complimentary resort valet parking, and complimentary valet parking at The Colonnade Outlets at Sawgrass Mills, plus complimentary glass of Prosecco for two at Villagio Ristorante — constituting at least $200 in extras. Vacationers will also receive a Summer Savings 2-for-1 card, which is valued at $200 in savings, and includes offers for local dining, activities, sights, and more. Here’s a sampling of what’s on tap:
- The Diplomat Resort and Spa Hollywood: Eco-conscious guests will appreciate the focus on sustainability in the guestrooms, where recycled materials are incorporated wherever possible. Throughout the travel period, rates fluctuate between $209 and $329, but make sure you check into a king bed intra-coastal superior room on the nights of July 1, August 15-18 and 28-30, and September 1-3 if you’re looking to pay the best price.
- Sonesta Fort Lauderdale: White leather accent and sleek furniture give this hotel’s 240 guestrooms a sophisticated beach vibe. The lowest price for the period is $204 for deluxe guestrooms, which you can nab for the nights of July 12-13, 21-23, and 26; and August 3, 11-13, 16-20, 23-27, and 30-31.
- The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort: Here, you can lounge by the pool or catch up on beauty rest in a comfy signature Westin Heavenly bed. Rates for the VIP package with a traditional room are between $229 and $239 per night for most of the period, but are not available the nights of July 2-4 and 29-31, August 1, September 13-17 and 26-30, and October 1-3.
Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
Minutes away from the gates of the Magic Kingdom, this Hilton outpost is one of the Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels, providing shuttle service to the theme parks of Walt Disney World. Plus, until the end of the year, hotel guests can experience the parks’ extended theme park hours — a privilege that is usually exclusively extended to Disney’s own hotel guests. What’s more, through the summer you can snag reduced rates that start at $79 for a king room. Find the lowest price on the nights of August 16-21, 23-28, and 30-31, and September 1-3. The prices nudge up slightly to $89 on July 7 and 26, August 9-14, and September 7-8.
B Resort and Spa Lake Buena Vista
This hotel has it all: free Wi-Fi, modern finishes, and it’s within walking distance of a major shopping, dining, and entertainment hub. What more could you want from a hotel that’s so close to Walt Disney World? This B Resort location is also a Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotel and is offering your third night free this summer. We test drove the offer and found the lowest rate of $109 available August 9-17, 20-21, and 23-31 in a chic queen room — that averages to just about $73 per night.
This Destination Parkway resort is an easy drive from the thrills of the Orlando theme parks, but who needs rides when you’ve got a lazy river on-site? Even more exciting, the resort will have glow-in-the-dark activities like a putting course, basketball, water games, and more to entertain guests until Labor Day, and during that time it’s offering reduced rates. The best price through then is $99 for a king room, and you can score that September 2-7. For just $10 more, you can stay here on August 2-3, 8-11, 16-22, and 27-29.
For those who can carve out enough time for a a longer vacation, consider the Save ‘n Stay promotion from five Florida Kimpton properties, offering a bigger discount the longer you stay through October 31. Three- and four-night stays will get a 20 percent discount, five- and six-night stays will save you 25 percent, and stays of seven nights or more will be discounted by 30 percent — plus, take advantage of 20 percent off spa services and complimentary valet parking. Here’s a taste of what’s on offer:
- The Surfcomber Miami: Ready to hit South Beach? You can save more than $100 by checking into a double deluxe room for three nights starting August 10. With the discount, prices drop from $219 per night to $175.
- Vero Beach Hotel and Spa: Find your perfect escape on Florida’s Central Coast. Post up in a king or queen room for a three-night stay when checking in on August 30, and the 20 percent discount will soften the $199 price to just about $159 per night.
- The EPIC Hotel, Downtown Miami: Start off September in style at this hotel located on the edge of the Miami River and Biscayne Bay. The 25 percent discount on a five-night getaway in a premier city view double room slashes the $229 rate to around $172 per night.
- Tideline Ocean Resort and Spa: If Palm Beach is up your alley, stay at this brand new resort to spend the final days of summer. Pre-discount, a seven-night stay in a garden-view king room September 12-19 is priced at $209 per night; factor in the 30 percent savings and you’re looking at just $146 per night.
- The Angler’s: The 45 rooms at this Miami hotel give it an intimate feel. With the 20 percent discount on a four-night stay beginning September 13, prices per night drop from $209 to $167.
Naples Grande Beach Resort
Need a dose of adventure? The Naples property is offering the Everglades Adventure package for overnight stays that include a room with views of the Gulf, a 3.5-hour tour of the Everglades for up to four guests, boxed lunches, and a copy of A (Mostly) Kids’ Guide to Naples, Marco Island & The Everglades. Rates are from $759 for the entire package and are pretty consistent through the end of the season. The resort has a 1oo-foot waterslide, an adult pool, and a sunset verandah for taking in those glorious views at the end of the day.