Good news for ski lovers: For the first time in 25 years, Park City, UT is a viable option for a last-minute long weekend trip over the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday (coming up this Monday). That’s because this year, for once, the holiday doesn’t coincide with the star-studded Sundance Film Festival — when rooms get sold out months in advance. To celebrate, many Park City hotels have unleashed a batch of deals to entice travelers to hit the slopes (and the 100 restaurants and lounges along Historic Main Street après-ski).
Whether your idea of a swank ski stay is a condo with a full kitchen or a budget-friendly pad, there are plenty of options for January 16-19. Here is a run-down of what’s available on one handy site. For most of these, you don’t need a promo code. Simply visit the hotel’s or condo’s website, plug in the dates, and the deal will be there. If the special rate doesn’t show up, mention the MLK-weekend promo to unlock the savings.
Here are just a few available rates we saw today:
- Carriage House Condos: $107.40 per night, a 40 percent savings
- Prospector Accommodations: $107.40 per night, or 40 percent off, when you stay three or more nights (Save ‘N Shred promo)
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Park City: $162 per night
- PowderWood Resort: $164 per night when you stay three or more nights nights (Save ‘N Shred)
- Hampton Inn & Suites Park City: $189 per night
Good to know: Once you land at Salt Lake City International Airport — which fields 320 incoming flights daily, including those for its Delta hub — it’s a quick 35-minute ride to Park City.