From refined Midtown luxury to chic downtown style, Triumph Hotels — which debuted just in February 2014 — is a collection of six boutique Manhattan hotels, with one more joining by the end of the year. Currently, The Iroquois New York, Hotel Chandler, Hotel Belleclaire, The Cosmopolitan, The Evelyn, and The Washington Jefferson each offer a distinct take on the city experience, with its own history, architecture and design, services, and notable locations. Here, six more reasons to stay at one of these affordable luxurious hotels in New York City.
1. Free walking tours: Complimentary to guests, locals, and New York City visitors, Triumph now has a partnership with Streetwise New York for neighborhood walking tours. They’re offered Wednesday though Sunday at Triumph Hotels around the city.
2. Wellness: Fighting a stubborn cold during a vacation or business trip? Triumph is offering a Key to Winter Wellness package at its six hotels through March 31, 2015. In partnership with Vicks and Cold-EEZE, the package is complete with products that will soothe, comfort, and help stay on top of guests’ wellness needs in the city during the cold-weather months.
3. History: Each hotel is housed in a turn-of-the-century building — some are over 100 years old. The Cosmopolitan is said to have been the first hotel open in New York in the mid-1800s and the Hotel Belleclaire celebrated its 111th birthday this year.
4. Posh specialty suites: Paying homage to famous past guests, Hotel Belleclaire offers a Babe Ruth Suite and Mark Twain Suite, named and decorated to commemorate the VIPs who made the Belleclaire their home many years ago. Other properties have hosted a slew of famous celebrities, including James Dean at The Iroquois.
5. Michelin-starred dining: Hotel Chandler opened Juni in August 2013, led by executive chef Shaun Hergatt. One year after opening, the restaurant received a coveted Michelin star and has been featured in the 2015 guide.
6. Deals: The Evelyn, in the hip NoMad neighborhood next to Madison Square Park, is shaving 30 percent off the best available rates for its rooms — plus free upgrades and late checkout when available. The deal is valid for stays from January 2 to December 29, 2015; use promo code TRANSPK. (Regular advance booking rates start from $139 on Sundays and $159 on all other days, or from $97.30 and $111.30 with the promotion.)