When you fly, you have enough to worry about without stressing over the size of your liquid containers (3.4 ounces, max), or the plastic bag you put them in (1 quart). So we put together a list of some travel-friendly containers that hold everything from hair products and makeup, to perfumes and vitamins, and will get you through security quickly. They might even add a little style to your travel ensemble. Here’s the list…
1. Since you’re going to have to put all those little bottles in a clear, zip-top bag anyway, Flight 001 makes it easy with its F1 To Go Bottles & Jars set. For $16, you’ll get two snap-top bottles, two plastic jars, a spray mist bottle, a tube with a lid (great for Q-Tips), a dropper bottle, and identification labels – so you have a clue that you put in each. They all fit into a quart-sized pouch.
2. Heavier lotions and cremes can be tough to squeeze out of bottles. Instead try The Container Store’s affordable three-ounce clear jars ($1.79 each). We especially love that they’re BPA-free.
3. If the thought of getting to your destination with all of your beauty products evokes major travel anxiety, Sephora’s Carry-On Airless Travel Set ($28) is for you. In a mesh cosmetic case, you’ll get three airless tubes, a jar, a spatula for easy makeup applications and a plastic stick to help fill the containers.
4. Want to carry-on your favorite scent but don’t want to shlep the whole bottle? Try Travalo’s Refillable Perfume Bottle Atomizer ($9.99). The tiny aluminum container holds a whopping 50 days worth of fragrance.
5. While Muji’s screw-top Acrylic Stacking Cases ($3.25 for five) are recommended for holding pills, we can imagine numerous things these screw-top containers will safely hold. Eyeshadow? Cleansers and scrubs? The possibilities are endless.
6. We’ve all been there: you get to security forgetting you’re holding a plastic water bottle, and then need to chug it before you get to the metal detectors. Instead, invest in Vapur’s Foldable Water Bottle ($6.99) and fill it before you leave for the airport. You’ll still need to empty it before you go through the security line, but you don’t have to chuck it. Then, you can easily refill at your destination or during a layover. You’ll save space – and the planet.
7. Stay chic and organized with Neiman Marcus’s Clear Travel Bags ($22 for 24, pictured). With four different zip-top colors, you’ll be able to color-code your travel essentials, as well as skate through security with ease.
8. Carry your meds in style with Henri Bendel’s Disturbed Strip Pill Box ($48). The zip-around case features the iconic department store’s signature print, and three clear bottles bearing the Henri Bendel logo on the lid. While the case itself isn’t TSA-approved, it’ll look fancy sitting on the dingy hotel room nightstand, as well as keep your personal goods private.