Shermans Travel » Blog » 9 Travel-Ready Gadgets for Your Next Trip
9 Travel-Ready Gadgets for Your Next Trip
Because you have enough to worry about when traveling (see: delays, security lines, and those pesky airline fees), these tech favorites make life a little bit easier. Whether you want your electronics to be 100 percent charged, need to write an entire email free of typos, or look your best when you land, we rounded up 9 must-have gadgets. In no particular order:
1. Since regular tablet stands can be less than secure on bumpy plane rides, this bean bag style ($30) allows you to set up shop anywhere safely. Bonus: it doubles as a pillow for a quick snooze.
2. Guys can get rid of stubble while delayed in the airport with Flight 001′s USB-charging shaver. The $45 pocket-sized razor boasts 30 minutes of shave time for every four hours of charging—just in case that layover is a little longer than expected.
3. Become uber-organized with Shaper Image’s Genius Pack luggage. The $300 expandable, 360-degree spinning suitcase includes features such as an exterior laundry compartment, removable toiletry bag, and a portable mobile charger with two ports for juicing up your cell phone and tablets on the go.
4. Although Brookestone’s amazing Virtual Laser Keyboard ($100) will impress your seatmate, you no longer have an excuse for “Sent from my iPhone” typos. The Bluetooth-enabled device works on any flat service, allowing you to type to your cell phone, laptop, or tablet.
5. Fashionable women don’t want to show up for a meeting in a plain black briefcase, but often have to sacrifice style for electronic security. Kaboo’s Charlotte bag ($125) features an interior tablet-sized tech pouch and seven other accessory compartments, and the chevon-print and leather details make it night-out appropriate.
6. Social media-obsessed techies will want to travel with Canon’s Vixia Mini Camcorder ($300). Weighing in at less than six ounces, you can create video blogs with the microphone, grab wide scenes with the fisheye lens, and share directly to Instagram and Twitter with built-in Wifi.
7. You don’t need to spend hundreds on fancy on-the-go cell phone chargers with Ernercell’s Portable Power Bank. At just $20, you can add 10 hours of talking time (via USB) by charging it overnight.
8. Keep travel-sized toiletries dry and organized with Reisenthel’s Hanging Toiletry Organizer ($25). The nylon lining will protect your bag from spills, and the detachable mirror makes it easy to primp on the run.
9. While the iPhone cable-bracelet trend is picking up speed, we still favor the prints on Mohzy x Opening Ceremony Power to You! USB styles. The $25 cable is magnetic, with the USB port on one side the iPhone 4 or 5 adaptors on the other, so you can wear it as an accessory and never forget your charger while traveling.
Leave a Comment
Sign up for the Top 25 Newsletter
to get exclusive weekly deals