Saving money: a trend that just won’t quit. And although pop culture tells us gays are the trendiest of the lot [buffs fingers on shirt], they’ve only just now got into the crowded flash sale game. Launching today with three week-long sales, Out Escapes carves a members-only gay niche from Jetsetter, Vacationist, Living Social Escapes, and Groupon Getaways, amongst others, with offerings given the LGBT stamp of approval, in addition to offering value-added perks above and beyond the discounts other sites may provide. Cool-with-it allies, you’re in luck, too; nobody’s going to ask whom you sleep with to sign up.
In dollar terms that means the possibility of free round-trip airport transfers, bottle of champers at check-in, comp meals, spa passes, and special guided tours. It also means group trips geared towards gays, like their last-minute Tel Aviv Pride package June 1-10, and an Events platform to securely buy tickets to circuit parties and social/charity outings not necessarily at a discount but again, with potential special perks like expedited club entry. According to the site’s co-founder/travel writing veteran, the ultimate goal is to become a full-service travel portal including a tongue-in-cheek Gay Tripper blog about fabbing it up the world over and social networking “Meet Me Here” component (live July 2012).
But for now, it’s all about the sales. Here’s a peek:
Jerusalem & Tel Aviv Gay Pride (June 1-10)
- 10-day/9-night, $3,099 total
- Limited to 10 spots; in partnership with Steele Luxury Travel
- Discount: $400 off their signature Milk & Honey trip
- Perks: Round-trip airport transfers and luxe motorcoach between cities in Israel, most meals, services of a professional Israeli gay tour guide, VIP entrance to most events, 24-hour nightlife manager and concierge
Rio Celeste Hideaway, Costa Rica
- $175/night (10 rooms available a night through mid-November)
- Discount: 30 percent off standard room plus breakfast rate of $249
- Perks: free breakfast and long-distance phone calls, $100 spa pass, guided hike through the Tenorio Volcano Park
Gay Pride Fireworks Sail, New York City
- Sunday, June 24, 9-11pm. Cruise the Hudson River during the rainbow of fireworks set off near the Pier Dance
- $75 ticket
- Discount: none
- Perks: complimentary champagne, beer, wine, soda
Countdown going now, giving you under a week to take advantage of these sales. Upcoming sales include Ecce B&B in the Catskills and Toronto’s Bond Hotel launching next Tuesday, May 29, Matinee New York Pride party on June 1, and Casa Atacama in Chile’s San Pedro de Atacama available June 5. Visit www.OutEscapes.com for more info and to join.