For diehard skiers and boarders, this year’s February 29 means an extra day on the slopes. Resorts across the country will offer lift tickets for just $29 tomorrow to take full advantage of Leap Day – with some full-day prices slashed by over 60 percent.
- Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadow: Book online by midnight tonight to score savings of 65 percent at these California sister resorts north of Lake Tahoe.
- Sunday River: Lift tickets at this resort near Bethel, Me., are discounted 64 percent.
- Diamond Peak: Save 46 percent at these slopes north of Lake Tahoe on the Nevada side.
- Sno Mountain: Skiing at Scranton, Pa.’s local mountain will save you 43 percent.
If you can’t make it to the slopes tomorrow but want to plan a ski getaway for March, Big Bear Lake in southern California will be offering a flash sale on lodging and lift tickets from 6am February 29 to 6am March 1. Book any weeknight in March to receive 29 percent off lodging, up to two $29 lift tickets per day, and 29 percent off ski and snowboard rentals.
Use our Travel Search price comparison tool to find the lowest rates on hotels, flights, vacation packages, and other travel deals.
- $100+: Ski Free Through May at California’s Squaw Valley Resort
- Family-Friendly Skiing in North Lake Tahoe
- Top Spots to Hit the Slopes and the Spa This Ski Season
- The First Ski-In/Ski-Out Starbucks Opens in Squaw Valley
- Adventure Sports Week in Lake Tahoe, Plus 50% Hotel Discount for Memorial Day Weekend