The clock is quickly ticking, but all you lovebird procrastinators (or maybe youre just spontaneous) still have 19 days to book a last-minute Valentines Day getaway. The big day falls on a Monday this year, making it perfect for a long weekend. My inbox has been flooded with possibilities from great deals to extravagant splurges. Here are 14 packages worth perusing:
1. Cities Across North America: The Magnifique Romance package at Sofitel (www.sofitel.com) which includes accommodations, chocolates, flowers, champagne, and room-service breakfast is available throughout North America (Montreal, New York, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Miami, Chicago-Water Tower, San Francisco, Minneapolis, and Los Angeles) with rates starting at $140/night if booked by February 13.
2. Riviera Maya: Ceiba Del Mar Beach Spa and Resort, located on Mexicos Caribbean coast just south of Cancun (shown above at left; courtesy of Ceiba Del Mar Beach Spa and Resort), has a four-night Romance Experience package that includes accommodation in an oceanview suite, a champagne cocktail welcome, a private candlelight dinner for two with a bottle of wine, and a 50-minute couples massage, from $1,440 for four nights.
3. London: Both the five-star The Sanderson (www.sandersonlondon.com) and St. Martins Lane (www.stmartinslane.com) are offering a Valentines Day Package valid for travel February 11-15 and starting at $554/night. The package includes accommodations, rose petals, candles, and cupcakes, plus room-service breakfast in bed.
4. Phoenix: Be the star of your own sexy boudoir photos with The Royal Palms Resort & Spas (www.royalpalmsresortandspa.com) Stunningly Beautiful package, which includes two nights accommodations; boudoir photos by photographer Marnee Marriott; a $50 gift certificate to Anastasias lingerie boutique; hair, make-up, manicure, and pedicure at Alvadora Spa; a sensual oils gift set; champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries; and a rose-petal turndown, from $1,659 for two nights.
5. Grand Cayman: Cotton Tree, a boutique, cottage-style resort (shown at right; courtesy of Cotton Tree), is offering four three-night Valentines Day packages, starting at $2,285 and including a 30-minute couples massage plus romantic extras ranging from a sommelier-hosted champagne tasting and a sunset horseback ride to a seven-course tasting menu and one-hour professional photo shoot on the beach.
6. California: Three Southern California luxury resorts are offering Valentines Day packages valid February 1-28. La Quinta Resort & Club (www.laquintaresort.com), near Palm Springs, has The Original Romance Experience, which includes chocolate-covered strawberries and sparkling wine, dinner for two at Morgans (including one glass of wine per person), and breakfast for two, $489 plus additional nights starting at $295/night. The Grand Del Mar, north of San Diego, has the Aint Love Grand package, which includes one nights accommodation (with upgrade), a dozen red roses, romantic spa turndown amenity, fireside champagne, caviar and oysters, and breakfast for two, from $949 with additional nights from $365. Lastly, The Resort At Pelican Hill invites you to build your own lavish weekend with a one-night garden-view bungalow stay that includes Prosecco, strawberries, a rose-petal turndown, breakfast in bed, and your choice of either a spa treatment and lunch, a round of golf for two, or a romantic dinner with wine pairings followed by a candlelit dessert and bottle of red wine on your private terrace, $775.
7. Miami: From February 1-28, the hip Gansevoort Miami Beach in South Beach entices couple with its Velvet Rope package, which features accommodations, an in-room couples massage, a dinner for two at STK, a private helicopter tour of Miami, VIP access to Coco Deville and Louis, a personal shopper at Curve boutique, champagne and red velvet cupcakes, and continental breakfast, from $899/night.
8. Marrakech: Go luxuriously exotic with a weekend at five-star La Mamounia (shown at left; courtesy of La Mamounia) which has a Valentines weekend package that includes airport transfers, two nights accommodation, a couples massage, cocktails in the glorious Gallerie Majorelle and dinner at LItalien restaurant by Don Alfonso, and a 45-minute private helicopter ride above the Atlas Mountains. Valid February 9-16, from $3,090.
9. Chicago: Sip Dom Perignon and dine on a five-course tasting menu at Seasons Restaurant in the Four Seasons Chicago (www.fourseasons.com/chicago) on Valentines Day and the hotel will treat you to Suite Dreams With Dom, an overnight stay in an Executive Suite. A bottle of Dom will cost $425 and the tasting menu is $95/per person. Check with the hotel to reserve.
10. Hawaii: Love is definitely in the air at Outrigger Hotels and Resorts (www.outrigger.com), which is offering complimentary vow renewals (for 25 couples per resort) on February 14 at three properties (Outrigger Reef on the Beach and Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach on Oahu, and Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation on Kauai), with rates from $209/night;
11. New York City: Two new hotels are offering cozy February deals: The Strand Hotel NYC (www.thetrandnyc.com), a boutique property in midtown with a year-round rooftop terrace (shown at right; courtesy of The Strand Hotel NYC) is offering a two-night romance package every weekend in February (Friday-Sunday nights) that includes two nights in a Premier or Executive room, continental breakfast daily, champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries, three-course dinner for two at The Strand American Bistro, and a framed black-and-white vintage print from the Condé Nast archives, from $849/two nights. Luxurious The Chatwal New York, located near the theater district, has a sexy Luxe & Lace package valid for two-night stay February 11-13, which includes accommodations, vintage cocktail welcome, a VIP gift from La Perla, a 30-minute his and her spa treatment, full American breakfast daily, VIP shopping privileges at Asprey an La Perla, and VIP admission to the Asprey Valentines Day Guest Suite, from $629/night.
12. Virginia: From Feb. 1-28, book the Suite-Heart package at The Homestead (www.thehomestead.com), a historic resort in Hot Springs, VA, and enjoy accommodations in a suite; Champagne, chocolate, and roses upon arrival; flower-petal turndown; dinner for two in the historic Dining Room or the intimate 1766 Grille; and breakfast buffet for two, from $590/night.
13. South Carolina: The Woodlands Inn, a luxury resort set on 42 acres just a short drive from Charleston, has a Romance Package including accommodations, chocolate and Champagne, a three-course dinner for two with wine and breakfast for two valid February 11-14, starting at $599/night.
14. Lake Placid, NY: Foodies who also like the snow can book a three-night Valentines Day Special at Lake Placid Lodge (www.lakeplacidlodge.com), which includes three nights accommodation, a Champagne welcome, fresh flowers, monogrammed robes, and a soufflé-making class with the Lodges chef, from $2,570.
Use our Travel Search price comparison tool to find the lowest rates and travel deals for hotels.