Shermans Travel » Blog » Save the Date: Passport Day Take Two, September 17
Save the Date: Passport Day Take Two, September 17
This is the only day of the year that the government lets customers line up and apply for a passport both on a Saturday and without an appointment. Just show up at a regional passport office, bring all the necessary documents and a checkbook, and send off your paperwork for processing.
The catch, of course, is that you’ll have to line up and wait for a while with all of the other eager travelers – a small price to pay if you want that document in your hands ASAP and without having to take any time off of work. After all, wouldn’t you rather use those vacation days for vacation?
Here’s what first time applicants need to apply:
- A completed passport application form
- Evidence of citizenship (a certified birth certificate, naturalization certificate, undamaged previously issued passport, a consular report of birth abroad, and a certificate of citizenship all qualify)
- Identification (naturalization certificates, previously issued undamaged passports, military ID, government ID, and driver’s licenses all apply; if you don’t have one of those, you may combine select pieces of secondary identification
- A photocopy of your identification
- An official passport photo
- A check for $135 (for one adult passport); see the State Department website for additional fees and expedited service option
Use our Travel Search price comparison tool to find the lowest rates on flights, hotels, packages, and more travel deals.
Leave a Comment
Sign up for the Top 25 Newsletter
to get exclusive weekly deals