Here is my rundown of the best Mykonos beaches and what to expect at each:
- Kalo Livadi is popular with families and singles. Theres a large open beachfront as well as an excellent beach restaurant.
- Super Paradise attracts younger partiers and has a small gay section. Don’t miss lunch or a drink at the Coco Bar for good food and amazing views.
- Panormos can be windy so check ahead for the weather that day. Nevertheless, its a gorgeous beach with a unique restaurant where guests lounge on oriental carpets.
- Everyone likes Elia: singles, families, young or old, straight or gay.
- Psarou is closer to town. The posh beach is a bit crowded for me but its a gorgeous setting with the famous Nammos restaurant and a bevy of yachts anchoring off shore.
- Paraga is also very beautiful and draws a younger crowd.
- Ornos Bay is a cute beach with a small town. Theres a good beach restaurant.
As for restaurants, my top pick among new places is Uno con Carne, a superb meat restaurant (try the lamb fillet amazing). Another new spot is Fato a Mano, serving very good Italian and Greek fare in a quiet square. And among longstanding spots, I recommend Sale e Pepe (outstanding Italian), Magiori (small traditional Greek spot with just six tables), and Caesars (Greek/Italian).
For general trip-planning information, see our Mykonos Travel Guide.