These Summer Playground amenities last through September 10, so there’s plenty of time to take advantage…
- Every afternoon (from 2 to 4:30 PM) in the lobby the hotels provide the ingredients iced tea, lemonade, fresh mint, and lemon wedges for guests to make DIY Arnold Palmers. Really, the optimum refresher on a hot day, which guests can enjoy on the spot or take up to their rooms. The hotels also provide the fixings for iced coffee, including soy milk, to-go cups, and simple syrups.
- Guests who follow and “like” Kimpton on Twitter and Facebook receive a monthly “social media password.” When they mention this password at check-in, they get a prize in return, ranging from room upgrades to complimentary in-room movies and free appetizers.
- From now through September 6, all the Kimpton restaurants are waving their corkage fees so guests can bring in their own wine without paying anything extra. We’re huge fans of BYOB because it takes a major chunk out of the bill and it’s the perfect excuse to open a special bottle that’s been waiting in the wings.
- Year-round, the Kimpton hotels offer a complimentary wine hour in the lobbies this summer, the hotels are pouring crisp, delicious peach-nectarine sangria, made with New Zealands environmentally friendly Black Box Sauvignon Blanc, in addition to vino. And alongside the drinks, expect light Mediterranean bites such as chilled soup and crostini.
- Think of it as summer school for grown-ups: From Thursday through Sunday during wine hour, the hotels’ bartenders teach mixology classes, so guests can return home with a few new summer cocktail recipes under their belts. Also, Kimpton’s Master Sommelier has created a wine “personality” quiz, which guests can fill out during wine hour to determine what kind of vino to drink at dinner.
- Lastly, also during wine hour, hotel guests are welcome to participate in Wii games including Dance Dance Revolution, and golf, baseball, and (my favorite), tennis.
Because kids shouldn’t have all the fun during summer, right?