Use our Travel Search price comparison tool to find great deals on vacation packages, airfare, hotels, and cruises.
As part of an effort to make its operations more environmentally friendly, Singapore Airlines has announced that it will begin replacing in-flight magazines with electronic versions that can be read onscreen via its in-flight entertainment systems. This green initiative serves to not only reduce the use and waste of paper, but by making aircrafts lighter, to lessen the fuel burned on each flight (though we assume the difference is nominal). The new e-zines will be gradually implemented as a trial aboard numerous Singapore Airlines’ aircrafts with the hope that in time, vast arrays of e-books and e-magazines will be available to passengers.
- Caribbean Update: What’s Damaged, What’s Not After Hurricanes Irma & Maria
- 3 New Attractions Coming to Times Square — And What They Cost
- 4 Destinations with Cheap Fall Flights
- Deal Alert: Free Stopover in Doha with Qatar Airways
- Electronics Ban: Here’s What It Could Cost You, and How the Airlines are Helping