The annual National Cherry Blossom Festival not only commemorates the 1912 gift of cherry blossom trees from Japan to the United States, but it’s also a telltale sign that spring has indeed sprung in our country’s capital. Every late March/early April, these trees, which are interspersed around the Tidal Basin and our nation’s most hallowed monuments and memorials, bloom breathtaking pink-tinged flowers and attract visitors near and far. It is not unusual to see hotels hike up nightly rates during this special event, but our deal producers found one upscale property (The Eldon Luxury Suites) that is offering a Cheery, Cherry Blossom Celebration Package starting from just $219/night between March 25 and April 11.
Included in this hotel package are the following:
• A two-night stay in a Freedom Suite (available Thursday-Sunday)
• Daily continental breakfast, including cherry pastries
• Two tickets for two days of touring D.C. on a double-decker bus
• Disposable camera to capture the beauty of the Cherry Blossoms
• Fresh cherries waiting in the suite after check-in
• Daily afternoon cherry punch and cherry pie treats
• Complimentary wireless Internet and valet
• One $20 voucher for another stay with Eldon Suites
About the Hotel: A mere 10 blocks from prominent attractions such as the White House, National Mall, and Capitol, this circa 1926 hotel exudes opulence, offering guests well-furnished suites containing gourmet kitchens with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. All 50 suites are equipped with 32-inch flat-screen televisions, queen-sized beds, rain showers, and amber-hued Birchwood walls. In addition, The Eldon Luxury Suites offers guests access to its WiFi network at no additional charge.