Although passengers have been evacuated and moved to hotels, some have already reported on various cruise blogs that the ship was taking on water, and has suffered serious damages.
Unexpected wind gusts and bad weather conditions are reportedly at fault for the Costa Europas crash late last night, which left three crew members dead and three others injured. While in route from Dubai to Savona, the ship slammed into the side of a pier in Sharm El Sheik resort, Egypt. The tragic incident comes just days after Costa celebrated the launch of its newest ship, the Costa Deliziosa.
- Get Excited: Lions Gate & 20th Century Fox Unveil New Theme Parks
- Tips and Tricks For Preclearance: Where It’s Offered and How It Helps
- Get Out Your Bucket List: 8 Dream Cruises from All Corners of the Globe
- Savannah, Dubai & More: New Airline Routes for 2014
- Is It Safe to Travel When a U.S. Embassy Is Closed?