The Celebrity Eclipse is putting the glitz and glamour of its inaugural voyage on hold to assist those stranded from Iceland’s angry volcano. The cruise line canceled the ships inaugural sailing and is ferrying more than 2,000 weary travelers from Bilbao, Spain to the U.K. (a brand new ship sure beats sleeping at the airport hotel). The second leg of the ship’s launch celebration and naming ceremony will continue as planned, followed by a series of short cruises to Ireland. Eclipse will make her way to the U.S. this November and will be stationed in Miami for the winter cruise season.
- Cruise Tracker: 21 New Ships, New British Isles & Iceland Adventures, and More
- Cruise Tracker: Seasonal Deals, Yoga Retreat at Sea, and Downton Abbey Excursion
- Top Adventure Travel Destinations for 2013
- New Ports and Itineraries for Disney Cruise Line in 2012 and 2013
- Princess Cruises Cuts Two Mexican Ports of Call