Shermans Travel » Blog » Free Yoga at Kimpton Hotels
Free Yoga at Kimpton Hotels
As we all know, it’s too easy to use travel as an excuse to put off exercise – new place, no gear, fresh distractions, no routine. Yet after spending hours folded into an airplane seat or hunched over a steering wheel, a yoga session offers the perfect chance to stretch out bag-weary shoulders and shake off travel-fatigue mind fog.
Kimpton properties across the country – generally cool, boutique-feeling hotels with artsy interiors and pet-friendly perks – offer the gear, in-room instruction, and even at some locations, free on-site classes.
The San Francisco-based brand is known for its fun amenities (rooms for tall people, wine hour with Wii games). Now, at all 50 of Kimpton’s hotels, guests may borrow a yoga basket (which includes a mat, props, straps, and blocks) and then in the comfort of their own rooms, flip on the TV and order yoga programming On Demand, any time of day. Both the basket and the TV instruction are complimentary.
In addition to that, check out these offerings:
- Hotel Monaco (Portland, OR) – Offers complimentary on-site yoga classes every other Wednesday from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Hotel Palomar (Dallas, TX) – The hotel’s Exhale Spa offers all levels of Vinyasa flow and Music Yoga Flow classes in their studio sanctuary, including beginner classes and workshops for new students.
- Hotel Solamar (San Diego, CA) – Offers rooftop yoga classes on Saturday mornings at 10 a.m. for $10 (guests only).
- Hotel Palomar (Los Angeles, CA) – Offers complimentary donation yoga on Tuesday and Thursday mornings with proceeds going to Dress For Success.
- EPIC Hotel (Miami, FL) – Offers Core Fusion® Yoga classes at its on-site Exhale Spa, which is designed to shift energy and improve overall well-being by combining “yoga asanas, intense core functional training, Qi Gong circular movements and stretching to produce a state of inner calm and balance.”
Sounds relaxing already. Is this something that you might take advantage of?
Leave a Comment
Sign up for the Top 25 Newsletter
to get exclusive weekly deals