Shermans Travel » Blog » The Best Mykonos Beaches and Restaurants
The Best Mykonos Beaches and Restaurants
I have been to Mykonos several times and the two things that keep me returning are the beaches and the Mediterranean cuisine. They are hard to beat anywhere else.
Here is my rundown of the best Mykonos beaches and what to expect at each:
- Kalo Livadi is popular with families and singles. There’s a large open beachfront as well as an excellent beach restaurant.
- Super Paradise attracts younger partiers and has a small gay section. Don’t miss lunch or a drink at the Coco Bar for good food and amazing views.
- Panormos can be windy so check ahead for the weather that day. Nevertheless, it’s a gorgeous beach with a unique restaurant where guests lounge on oriental carpets.
- Everyone likes Elia: singles, families, young or old, straight or gay.
- Psarou is closer to town. The posh beach is a bit crowded for me but it’s a gorgeous setting with the famous Nammos restaurant and a bevy of yachts anchoring off shore.
- Paraga is also very beautiful and draws a younger crowd.
- Ornos Bay is a cute beach with a small town. There’s a good beach restaurant.
As for restaurants, my top pick among new places is Uno con Carne, a superb meat restaurant (try the lamb fillet – amazing). Another new spot is Fato a Mano, serving very good Italian and Greek fare in a quiet square. And among longstanding spots, I recommend Sale e Pepe (outstanding Italian), Magiori (small traditional Greek spot with just six tables), and Caesars (Greek/Italian).
For general trip-planning information, see our Mykonos Travel Guide.
Leave a Comment
Sign up for the Top 25 Newsletter
to get exclusive weekly deals