Many of us associate trains with uncomfortable seating and cramped quarters, but Northern Rail has managed to turn vintage train cars into a unique hotel substitute. Located in the town Two Harbors in the picturesque Northwoods region of Minnesota, this unusual take on a B&B offers upscale accommodations inside 18 converted train car suites. These old-fashioned enclosed boxcars offer enough space for a family of four, many of which feature full or partial kitchens, with separate dining areas and working fireplaces. Hopping off into the great outdoors, youll find plenty of opportunities for hiking and mountain biking in nearby Gooseberry State Park. Summer rates for two in the Porter Suite start at $147/night, or try the posh Yardmaster Condo with rates from $289/night, available from June 1 through October 18.
- From $129: Memorial Day Weekend Hotel Offers in the U.S. and Abroad
- 3 Urban Farm Destinations That Will Surprise You
- 3 Reasons to Visit the Twin Cities in 2016
- 11 Thanksgiving Weekend Hotel Deals Under $200 Across the U.S.
- Deal Alert: National Bike Month Packages from $165 This May at Kimpton Hotels