We all loathe luggage fees, but United Airlines is the first to make the burden easier to bear for frequent travelers, with a new offer putting a cap on the sky-high charges of checking bags each time you check-in. Today, the airline unveiled its Premier Baggage program that lets continuous checkers pay $249 up front, then fly their bags fee-free for a full year (both on the homefront and to destinations abroad). Not for everyone, the offer makes the most sense for families who often fly domestically (where the highest bag fees are incurred), as it allows two checked bags per person, for up to eight people per reservation.
- Flight Deal Alert: Boston to Philadelphia, San Diego & More, R/T from $78
- United Offers Yearly Subscription Fee for Checked Baggage – Is It Worth It?
- Caribbean Flights: New Routes to Watch
- Hurricane Irene: Six Airlines Issuing Ticket-Change Waivers
- United First Foreign Airline to Resume Regular Sendai Flights